Our Story

On April 22, 1942, a Hungarian toolmaker called José Sabó started a journey to what would become the SABÓ Group, a 100% Brazilian multinational company. Since the opening of his workshop in the district of Água Branca, from São Paulo to the world, SABÓ’s story reflects not only the development of the whole automotive industry, but also the dedication, competence, commitment, and recognition for its work through its employees, suppliers, distributors, and clients, without whom this journey would not make sense.

SABÓ has changed.
But it’s still the same.

evolucao-logos

Founded in 1942

1942

São Paulo – Brazil Seals

1970

Acquisition of a Gasket and Hose Factory

1980

1990

Acquisition of KACO Germany, in the city of Heilbronn – Manufacturer of seals, sealing systems, and water pumps

Acquisition of another KACO Germany plant, in the city of Talheim

New acquisition of another KACO Germany plant, in the city of Kirchardt

Acquisition of a factory in Austria, in the city of St. Michael

Acquisition of a factory in Argentina

SABÓ USA’s technical-commercial center begins operating

 

Construction of a seal and sealing system factory in Hungary

Technical-commercial office opens in England

2000

Construction of SABÓ’s new seal and sealing system factory in Mogi Mirim

Technical-commercial office opens in France

Construction of SABÓ’s new US factory, in North Carolina

Technical-commercial office opens in Japan

Construction of SABÓ’s new seal and sealing system factory in China

2010

2014

The factory in Anhui expands the KACO Group network of factories as the second production site in China.

SABÓ sells part of its German subsidiary, KACO, to Chinese group ZHONGDING, becoming a partner of the KACO Group, one of the world’s largest suppliers of seals for OEMs.

2015

Sale of 100% of the hose business to Italian REFLEX & ALLEN, focusing investments, resources, and knowledge on the sealing business

2017

SABÓ turns 75.

2018

Relocation of KACO Heilbronn and Talheim plants to Kirchardt. In this way, Kirchardt not only became the new head office, but also concentrated its entire production capacity in Germany at this location.